Welcome message from Professor Bernadette Watson, Director of International Research Centre for the Advancement of Health Communication (IRCAHC)
Health communication is a continually expanding area of research that encompasses work from across many disciplines, including, but not limited to, practicing health professionals, the social sciences, psychology, education and health economics. I am excited to have taken up the role of Director at a time when PolyU and IRCAHC broadened the focus of its research and work to reflect the diversity of this field and to promote improvements in patient safety in hospital and community settings.
IRCAHC is well supported in this work by a strong advisory committee, made up of local and international scholars. We will work together to ensure that our research is grounded in theoretical frameworks that can translate to enhanced standards of healthcare. We will continue to forge new links and are keen to discuss possible collaborations with interested parties. Please contact us by email to discuss how we can work together.
- 17th International Conference on Language and Social Psychology (ICLASP17)
- Advancing Collaborative Communication for Safer and Healthier Teams
- Cancer patients’ perspective of their nurse-patient communication in a busy hospital ward
- Building Resilience and Wellbeing in clinicians who work in high-stress environments
- Current Trends in Health Communication: The Arrival of the Third Edition of the Routledge Handbook of Health Communication
STEM Translational Communication Center
University of Florida
Health@Business Research Network
University of New South Wales
Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, The University of Queensland
Expanding Horizons in Health Communication – An Asian Perspective
Editors: Watson, Bernadette, Krieger, Janice (Eds.)